chrisbookarama
chrisbookarama
A community for book lovers!
Reviews
Showing 1-25 of 29
reviewed Classics Illustrated Deluxe #9: A Chr.... September 26, 2012
Classics Illustrated Deluxe #9: A Christmas Carol and the Remembrance of Mugby
I have enjoyed all of the Deluxe Papercutz Classics in this series, and this new one is also in the same league with its predecessors. The artwork is excellent, and the story easy to read.   …
reviewed 84th Academy Awards Nominations List .... February 24, 2012
posted in Movie Hype
84th Academy Awards Nominations List 2012
At one point in the early going with so few quality movies to pick from it really felt like this could be anyone's year. But then one of these movies, as it usually goes, kept winning all the awards …
reviewed 84th Academy Awards Nominations List .... February 23, 2012
posted in Movie Hype
Best Supporting Actor       Christopher Plummer, Beginners   Max von Sydow, Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close   Jonah Hill, Moneyball   Kenneth …
reviewed 84th Academy Awards Nominations List .... February 22, 2012
posted in Movie Hype
Here is the problem with this year's award ceremony. It was a down year for movies. Last year there were so many good movies to pick from (and they still went with the obvious choice in the King's …
reviewed 84th Academy Awards Nominations List .... January 25, 2012
posted in Movie Hype
      Actor in a Leading Role Demián Bichir in "A Better Life" George Clooney in "The Descendants" Jean Dujardin in "The Artist" Gary Oldman …
reviewed Jane Eyre. August 06, 2011
posted in Movie Hype
Jane Eyre
      Jane Eyre is such a common name in movie history. So many adaptations of the novel have been made and so many different portrayals of this troubled character but this is a tremendous …
reviewed Jane Eyre. March 18, 2011
posted in Movie Hype
Jane Eyre
Star Rating:         It is perhaps a sign of the times that this new adaptation of Jane Eyre is a triumph of craftsmanship and ambiance. Today’s audiences are accustomed …
reviewed Jane Eyre. March 13, 2011
posted in Movie Hype
Jane Eyre
JANE EYRE   Written by Moira Buffini   Directed by Cary Fukunaga   Starring Mia Wasikowska, Michael Fassbender, Judi Dench, Jamie Bell and Sally Hawkins       …
reviewed Jane Eyre. March 12, 2011
posted in Picktainment
Jane Eyre
In one of the most cherished and pivotal conversations from Charlotte Brontë's celebrated 1847 novel, Jane Eyre, the title character tearfully asks her employer, Mr. Rochester: “Do you …
reviewed Jane Eyre. March 08, 2011
posted in Movie Hype
Jane Eyre
   'Jane Eyre' is directed by Cary Joji Fukunaga (Sin Nombre) and stars the wonderful Mia Wasikowska (Alice in Wonderland) and the very sexy Michael Fassbender (Inglourious Bastards)   …
reviewed Wuthering Heights. July 27, 2010
Wuthering Heights
Reading this book has moved me to the extent of remembering the conversations of the main characters. There is something remarkable about this story; it kept me amazed on how their lives and the …
reviewed Jane Eyre. July 16, 2010
Jane Eyre
Warning spoilers!!   As the story of a youth transforming both positively and negatively into a woman and matron Jane Eyre and The Wide Sargasso Sea relates to many woman of many ages. However, …
reviewed Wuthering Heights. July 15, 2010
Wuthering Heights
I was required to read all of the Bronte books (6 total?) for a class on the Bronte sisters. It's unfortunate that Wuthering Heights is the only book Emily finished before she died.      …
reviewed Wuthering Heights. July 08, 2010
Wuthering Heights
This novel is one of the ultimate classics in my opinion. Never have a seen a story with this much character charisma and a plot that ultimately goes down a road that no one has ever repeated. Part of …
Little Dorrit: A Novel by Charles Dickens
   THANKS CHARLES      Although I was a student then teacher of English literature and composition at all levels of the educational process, from primary to post-secondary …
reviewed Jane Eyre. June 17, 2010
Jane Eyre
  Spoiler Alert: Plot elements were used      Victorian England, setting of many popular works of fictional literature, was a complex world with many issues, traditions, assumptions, …
reviewed The Angel's Game (book). May 25, 2010
Angel's Game
   Zafon’s writing is just bloody perfect.  His first novel translated into english became a personal favorite upon reading the first 50 pages and this one is no different.  Zafon …
reviewed Jane Eyre. January 20, 2010
Jane Eyre
"Jane Eyre" is one of the world's best-loved classic novels for so many reasons.       It's an exciting piece of feminist literature written at a time when feminist literature …
reviewed Becoming Jane Eyre: A Novel (Penguin .... December 26, 2009
Becoming Jane Eyre: A Novel (Penguin Original)
The Bronte sisters have fascinated generations of readers since their advent on the literary scene in the middle of the 19th century. When they first published their wildly passionate fiction under their …
reviewed Jane Eyre. November 26, 2009
Jane Eyre
There are two camps of readers when it comes to the classics - those who consider the original sacred and not to be bruised and those who long for a less ponderous version to concentrate on the story …
reviewed Becoming Jane Eyre: A Novel (Penguin .... November 24, 2009
Becoming Jane Eyre: A Novel (Penguin Original)
Kohler, Sheila. "Becoming Jane Eyre", Penguin, 2010.    The Bronte Sisters    Amos Lassen    As a high schooler I read Jane Eyre and quite honestly …
reviewed The Angel's Game (book). July 06, 2009
Angel's Game
   David Martin is an aspiring writer who goes to work for a newspaper, writing a serialized tale that becomes very popular in Barcelona.  He is forced to write under a pseudonym so nobody …
The Shadow of the Wind
Being an especially discerning reader, I am pleased to admit that I can find absolutely nothing lacking in this utterly spectacular novel. I listened to it on unabridged audio cassette, a particularly …
reviewed Villette (Signet Classics). May 25, 2009
Villette (Signet Classics)
The heroine of this lesser known of Charlotte Bronte's novels is called Lucy Snowe, which means "light" and "cold". Thrown upon her own resources at the tender age of 14, Lucy sets out for France and, …
reviewed Agnes Grey (Oxford World's Classics). February 01, 2009
Agnes Grey (Oxford World's Classics)
Less dramatic than her own Tenant of Wildfell Hall, and less read than her more famous sisters' works, Agnes Grey is a straightforward, semi-fictional chronicle of the experiences of a governess in 19th …
1 2 Next
Write a Review

Share your opinion and then share it with your friends.

chrisbookarama is part of the Lunch.com Network - Get this on your site
()
This is you!
Ranked #
Last login
comments
ratings
questions
compliments
lists